Monday, November 29, 2010

Myth Busters

This article was great. It was a combination of my recently researched effective multicultural literacy and the women’s studies classes that I took in undergrad.  Much like the author I too was astonished at how prevalent the secret education is and how hard it is dismember its hold on oneself and society.  I hope to be able to take a similar approach in my classrooms.  I want to create literacy invitation that has students look at different multicultural books and allow the room to see where the stereotypes are prevalent. 
This article was a great example on how to go about the investigation.  Although it would need to be modified for 5th graders, the intention is still the same.  To seek out racism and sexism so that we can create a world that is empowering to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment